Search This Blog

Sunday, December 31, 2023

December '23 Book List

 Eight books read this last month of the year. That's a total of 89 books read in 2023.


The Edge
by David Baldacci is his newest book and a follow-up to the 6:20 Man. Both feature ex-Army Ranger Travis Devine.

Shadow Dance by Julie Garwood is the first book I've read by this author and apparently it is #6 in her Buchanan-Renaurd series of romantic suspense novels. It was good enough I may read more - going back and reading them in order.

The Never Game is by Jeffery Deaver, also a new author for me. This series features Colton Shaw an investigator who makes his living by finding missing persons and collecting the rewards offered. This is the second book in the series but my library lists it as the first and does not have the actual first book, Hunting Time.

the New Girl and The Order are #'s 19 and 20 in the Gabriel Allon series by Daniel Silva. I am nearing the end of reading all the books the library has in the series with the latest released in July.



The Frozen River by Ariel Lawton is only the second book I've read by this author and my favorite read this month. I would read all her books if the library had them. This book is the story of a midwife/healer in the territory of Maine, along the Kennebec River in 1789. It is based on the true life story of Martha Ballard and her determination to see justice done during a time when women were to be seen and not heard. I adore well crafted books based on real historical happenings.

The Goodbye Man and The Final Twist are books two and three (or three and four) in Jeffery Deaver's Colton Shaw series. I believe the latter is the last book of the series. I plan to read more of his books possibly the Lincoln Rhyme series next.

The year, as always, has been a good one for me for reading - the other thing, besides traveling, that I wanted to do the most of when I retired. I'm looking forward to more good reading in the New Year. I hope you are as well.  Happy New Year! 💝😍

No comments:

Post a Comment