Search This Blog

Friday, April 28, 2023

Was It The Therapy Or The Weather?

I had my first therapy session for dizziness Wednesday morning. I didn't know there was such a thing until a regular visit to my physician a couple weeks ago.  Whether it worked that well or was a case of the power of suggestion, I've been feeling better ever since. So well, in fact, that I went up to McKinley Lake Park this morning to walk for the first time in more than ten months! 


My favorite path there is the secluded gravel one through a bit of woods. It felt great to be back out in nature. The temperature was only around 60°, usually too chilly for me, but the sun was shining and I was comfortable with just a sweatshirt over a tee.

I never view this little stream flowing out of Lake McKinley without thinking about how it is a part of the Platte River which in Missouri joins up with the Missouri River, thence to join the Mississippi on its way to the Gulf of Mexico. 




The water was so clear and still as reflected by the sun.


I love the verdigris color as the water gushes forth from under the spillway road. The green is most likely moss on the cement.


Another view with a sprig of plum blossom featured.


After a satisfying walk, I went back to the car and then around the park looking at all the blooming plants and trees.




I don't know what kind of bush this is, only that it's flower buds area very pretty pink.

Note: After searching online, I believe this is a Viburnum by the name of Spring Bouquet.






Which open to look like this. And while they are very pretty, I wouldn't say they are perfumed more like odorous.

As in, they stink.







The Fothergilla Gardenii is budded and should open in a week or two.





The Crab Apple tree is also full of buds and quite a bit of last years dried fruit. Once I was lucky enough to pass by this tree just as a flock of Cedar Waxwings were feasting upon the past year's fruits. It was quite a sight.




The park's numerous Redbud trees are gorgeous as usual.



Before leaving I took a photo of the new dog park, "Lexi's Puppy Patch" which has its grand opening tomorrow. If interested, you can read about it here

Our "chance of a light shower" for this afternoon has turned into a nice, steady rain, complete with some lightning and thunder. One of those April showers the month is noted for.


Coming down a little harder....

.....and longer still with water running down the street ....

After an hour of steady rain, the guage shows an inch and two-tenths. Quite a bit more than the light shower forecast and not quite done raining yet.

A nice walk this morning, a nice rain this afternoon. Ah-h, Spring in Iowa. 💚💧💕


No comments:

Post a Comment