Search This Blog

Sunday, April 30, 2023

April '23 Book List

 Reading slows down with the nicer weather - only seven books read this month. ☺

A Sunlit Weapon is Jacqueline Winspear's 17th Maisie Dobbs novel. I love this series just as much as I did with the first one I read.

Black Candle Women by Diane Marie Brown was a mystery that just showed up at my door in an Amazon box. With nothing inside to tell me who sent it, I guessed it was either my daughter, Kari, or my son, Doug. Doug had sent me books before and it was him, again. This is Brown's debut novel. It is about generations of women attuned to magic and in dread of the family love curse. It is a 'Read With Jenna Book Club' pick.

This Was A Man by Jeffrey Archer is the last novel in the Clifton Chronicles series. I really liked this series.

Desert Star by Michael Connelly is his newest book and features Renée Ballard and Harry Bosch. It was so good to be reading a Bosch book again. Loved that series so much!

Girl, Forgotten is Karin Slaughter's latest thriller. It is the second book featuring US Marshal Andrea Oliver.

The English Assassin and The Confessor are books #2 and #3 in the Gabriel Allon series by Daniel Silva. I was certain this was a new author for me, but when I look back through my posts, I find that I read a book by him in August, 2011. It's not surprising that I didn't remember that long ago. The library does have three of the final four of the Allon series which I will also be reading. 

Looking at my stack of  my most recent check-outs, it looks like May is already setting up to be a good reading month beginning with the latest books by three of my favorite authors. 💖

No comments:

Post a Comment