Search This Blog

Friday, October 28, 2022

I Was Made For Autumn Time

Does the season you were born in have anything to do with your favorite time of the year? Your favorite colors? Your general disposition? Making you who you are? 

Three weeks from tonight I will begin my 80th year on this good earth. I am a child of Autumn.



Autumn Child ~
By Flora Turrill


I was made for autumn time,
Her patient dawns and pensive skies,
Thick, woven scarves and poetry,
The rustling sonnets of the leaves.
I was made for misty days,
The intense scent of life's decay,
A touch of frost upon my nose,
The feral winds that howl and blow.
I was made for autumn rain,
Viewed safely from my window pane,
Beloved books and apple pie,
A glowing hearth and candlelight.
I was made for harvest moons,
All Hallows' Eve and pumpkins too,
The embers of a blessed fire
That sweep throughout a sleepy Shire.
I was made for onyx dawns,
Bewitching noons & breathless morns,
The whispers of a thinning veil,
Enchanted eves and timeless tales.
I was made for cloudless skies,
Autumnal walks and warm attire,
The beauty of each matchless day;
O Autumn, bless me with your ways.




From the Ea


No comments:

Post a Comment