Search This Blog

Monday, October 31, 2022

Books Read In October 2022

 Nine books read for the month of October:

Righteous Prey by John Sandford is #32 in his Lucas Davenport series. Lucas teams up with another Sandford series character, Virgil Flowers in order to identify and bring to justice the members of a vigilante group known as "The Five". I read the paperback version so this was my bedtime book the first part of the month.

Long Road To Mercy and A Minute To Midnight are the first two books in David Baldacci's Atlee Pine series.  

The 6:20 Man by David Baldacci is the first book in a new series featuring Travis Devine.

True Blue and Wish You Well by David Baldacci  are both stand alones. True Blue is a national security thriller in his usual style (paperback, so it was my bedtime read the last half of this month). Wish You Well, a departure from the standard fare, is set in Virginia during the early 1940's. I loved this book. It illustrates that Baldacci is not only a great crime writer but can also write wonderful softer stories.

Find Her and Look For Me by Lisa Gardner are the next two titles in her D.D. Warren series. I'm nearly done reading my way through this series (and will be sad when it ends) so I checked for "If you like Lisa Gardner books, you'll like .....

.....Alex Kava. One False Move is the book I decided to try. I learned that Kava is a local author (Omaha) and her novels are set in Nebraska. At first I wasn't sure if I would read any more than this book but I soon decided that, while she isn't as gritty as some authors I read, she is a good writer and I do like reading books set in the Midwest. Our library does have a number of her titles for me to read my way through. 

That is the wrap-up for October.  

 Happy Halloween!! 🎃💀

"When the leaves, by thousands thinned,

A thousand times have whirled in the wind,

And the moon, with hollow cheek,

Staring from her hollow height,

Consolation seems to seek

From the dim, reechoing night;

And the fog-streaks dead and white

Lie like ghosts of lost delight

O'er highest earth and lowest sky;

Then, Autumn, work thy witchery!

(From "Incantation" by George Parsons Lathrop)

No comments:

Post a Comment