Search This Blog

Saturday, July 30, 2022

A Short Trip To Adams County

 


It was a beautiful summer day to be out and about.

Younger brother Les and his wife Susan were coming to Corning for Les' 50th class reunion. We met for lunch at the home of our brother Ron and wife Marge.

And while I did not take any photos of the lunch bunch, I did take some snaps on the way down.




I love old dirt roads. This one is east of Corning, north of the old Icarian Colony.

Back in the day this road was a good place for couples to park after seeing a movie - looks like it still would be.  




I saw these lotus blossoms from the road as I passed Lake Binder.

Obviously they deserved a closer look and a few photos.




When I saw this female Redwing Blackbird with her head down into a blossom I thought she might be sipping nectar. Then she came up with a bug in her beak. 




Her mate was perched nearby, singing.

Those lotus flowers and pads are humongous!

And very beautiful.



With Swamp Milkweed in the foreground, the yellow lotus plants and the blue lake receding in the background, it was a very pleasing sight. A lovely surprise and worthy of stopping for a closer look.

It was a short trip "back home", but so worth it to be with family.  💖

No comments:

Post a Comment