Search This Blog

Saturday, April 30, 2022

Books Read In April 2022

Only six books read this month, but the one on the bottom of this first stack is the size of three or four regular books! 

Promise Me by Harlan Coben is, I believe, the first book I've read of his. I was looking for a new author and based upon other books I've read in this genre, he was supposed to be a match. I wan't overly impressed.

A Noble Radiance by Donna Leon is the first book I've read by this author and the only one my library has. I don't remember where/how I heard of her but it was something positive so I decided to try one of her books. This is #7 in her Commissario Brunetti series set in Italy. Even if my library had more of her books I doubt I would read them.

Into The Black Nowhere is by Meg Gardiner, another new author for me. This one was a little more to my liking. The protaganist is an FBI profiler trying to help catch a serial killer in Texas. My library has several of her books which I will most likely read.

Fall Of Giants by Ken Follet is the first of his Century Trilogy and my favorite read this month. This one follows five interrelated families through the First World War, the Russian Revolution and the fight for women's suffrage in Great Britain. 

I know a lot of people wouldn't consider reading one book of this size let alone three, but I couldn't put it down. Follet is such an amazing author and a diligent researcher. I learned more about this time period from this book than all the history classes I ever took.

 

The Paper Palace by Miranda Cowley Heller is her first novel and a Reese's Book Club pick. I don't try to read all of Reese's picks, but I do usually like them.

Memory Man by David Baldacci is book #1 in his Amos Decker series and the first I've read by this author. I will absolutely be reading many, many more. I'm hooked! I'll read the others in this series and then begin one of his other series!


No comments:

Post a Comment