Search This Blog

Monday, February 28, 2022

Books Read In February 2022

 Is this right? Only four books read this month!? That must be a new record. 😲

We had watched all of the Vera Stanhope series so when a new character of her's, Matthew Venn, came up, we watched it too. That was when I decided I should try reading some of Ann Cleeves books. In my experience the books always tend to be better than the movies, or TV shows. 

The Long Call by Ann Cleeves is the first book in her Two Rivers series. I would have to say I liked the TV version and the book about equally.

The Sentence is Louise Erdrich's latest offering. I think I've said it before, I look forward to reading any book by this author. The setting for this book is a small, independent, book store in Minneapolis, much like the one owned and operated by the author. The time is during the pandemic and the George Floyd murder. Erdrich handles both beautifully. Oh, yes, there is also a ghost haunting the book store. 

The Dark Hours is Michael Connelly's new Harry Bosch novel. Harry is now 70 years old and this book is more about his partner, Renee Ballard. I will have to wait to see if Connelly is 'retiring' Bosch and features Ballard or another new main character because I've read all of Connelly's books in our library.* We've been bingeing on the Bosch TV series and loving it. We have one season yet to watch, but there is a new season coming out soon. 

Eleanor by David Michaelis is probably why I managed to read only four books this month. This was such an interesting and well written biography. I always admired Mrs. Roosevelt and now I'm even more impressed by her.

*Which means I'm going to have to decide on a new author to follow - one that already has many books on the library shelves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment