Search This Blog

Saturday, February 27, 2021

Less Snow for the Full Snow Moon

 

The deer are having an easier time foraging now that the snow has been melting for a few days. February was our highest snowfall month of the winter. Combined with the frigid temperatures, it definitely felt like winter!

If the Full Snow Moon had been earlier in the month, I wouldn't have had any photos of it. Too cold to go out. This one was taken at 6:23a.m. yesterday. I was going for the moon between the clouds and accidently also got some of the blinking red lights on the many wind generators that are now part of the scenery. 

The moon was its fullest at 2:17 this morning. I took this picture at 7:01a.m. It is my 'official' Full Snow Moon photo for 2021.

It was around 30° at 7:00a.m.. And while it didn't exactly feel like Spring, it sounded like it. There were several Cardinals singing from the treetops down along the fenceline. 

A little later, these two flew in and landed on the ice. I know they were wondering where the open water was. In some years past, the pond has been completely free of ice. 

The blues and pinks of yesterday's sunrise reminded me of my baby blanket. Perhaps I just have babies on my mind - specifically my new great-grandson, Louis. Oh, okay, here is another picture of him:

I can't decide who he looks like, though in this photo he reminds me of my brother's grandson, Austin. 

I don't think I've walked outside since that Festivus morning walk in the dark. So I'm going out this afternoon when it is 55°. Just a walk in the neighborhood, I think, though I'm tempted to take to the trails at one of the lakes.




No comments:

Post a Comment