Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Don't Let The Door Hit You On The Way Out

In other words, I'm not sorry to see this year coming to an end. I do have reasonable hope that the new year will eventually see the coronavirus under control. But I accept that I'll be wearing a mask and taking precautions for many more months. Nuff said.


Our forecast yesterday was for heavy snow and we got it.





The snow was coming down so fast and hard you could hardly see the trees across the pond.




HD still went out for his morning walk. He had just pulled up his face shield before I took this photo through the window.



Once the snow ended in the afternoon, he went out and started clearing off the deck.

We were supposed to get between 5-8" and received 7". Freezing rain was also forecast and luckily we did not get any of that.




December's Full Cold Moon arrived at 8:28 p.m. last evening, but I didn't take pictures of it, tangled in tree branches, until early this morning.




Long Night Moon is another name for December's full moon and perhaps more apt this year as it was near the Winter Solstice.

I greet the winter solstice happily not because it marks the beginning of Winter but because it marks the return of light. 




"We are nearer to Spring

than we were in September;

I heard a bird sing

 in the dark of December."

     (Oliver Herford)



No comments:

Post a Comment