Search This Blog

Thursday, December 10, 2020

Bonus Days of December

 

Did Tuesday's sunset foretell yesterday's unseasonable weather? (Red sky at night, sailors' delight.)

I thought last month's birthday walk at Green Valley Lake would be the last of the year, but yesterday was even nicer because there was no wind.

There was also no birdsong and I miss that. But I like the sycamore's stark white against the azure of sky and lake, the tawny grasses, the solitude of deserted paths.

Last year when I discovered a patch of bittersweet, I planned to go back this fall for a snippet. I did look for it once in October, but couldn't find it. Had I wrongly remembered the spot? No, there it was, with just a bit of orange still showing. .....next year maybe.....?

There may not have been birdsong, but there was lots of honking. Lots of geese........

Lots and lots and lots of geese.

I do not tolerate cold weather. It was a great bonus to be walking at the lake in December.


1 comment:

  1. It was a glorious day yesterday here, too! My mood is always so much better on nice days. The only birds I heard were crows. I wouldn't call them song-birds! We have a flock of six that live nearby. When I walk out the door, the guard crow sounds the alarm; Then I watch the rest of them fly over to what they consider a safer place. Roger Welsch, an author in Nebraska, feeds his crows. He made a feeding station for them and gives them table scraps, hot dogs, etc. I follow him on Facebook. Anyhow, I envy his being able to make friends of crows, because the ones around here are far too cautious to befriend.

    ReplyDelete