Search This Blog

Saturday, December 14, 2019

In the Name of Progress

There is another new path at Lake McKinley which I'm looking forward to walking next spring when I go out with my Nordic poles again.
It is along the west side of the lake so now it is possible to be on a smooth surface except for the gravel roadway across the dam and the short area to the right where it crosses the road here.


The entire west side of the lake looks different than it did just a few years ago. For one thing there's
a whole lot of new homes.

This is one of my favorite photos, one I took in February seven years ago. I was standing further back than when I took the top picture, but it is the same area. They were just beginning to build more houses. I assume the trees were cut to enhance homeowners' views of the lake.

In my opinion, a shame. To paraphrase Robert Frost: I prefer the road less traveled by.

No comments:

Post a Comment