Search This Blog

Thursday, July 30, 2026

A Lover, Not A Fighter

Kari, Douglas, Me, Preston - February, 1985



I consider myself ---
 A lover, not a fighter
  A romanticist not a realist
    A liberal in politics
       A conservative with resources

A mother who believed that giving her children wings
was more important than giving them restrictions

A grandmother who didn't bake cookies
but tried to give her grandchildren adventures

A great-grandmother who hopes at least a few
great-grands will have memories of her

A woman who values her independence
and ability to take care of herself

I consider myself ---
  A lover of the great outdoors
    As well as a warm bed at night
      A lover of poetry
        But not a poet

I consider myself---
  A mother, daughter, wife
     Who could have done better
          Yet gives herself grace
             For what she has done



Me with Granddaughter, Kathryn and Great-grandson Henri


No comments:

Post a Comment