Search This Blog

Sunday, June 30, 2019

Read In June 2019

Nine books read this month. The first six are from the Corning Library, books by authors I follow that my local library doesn't have (yet). I'm grateful to have two libraries from which to feed my reading habit.

Ordinary Grace by William Kent Krueger is not one of his Cork O'Connor series, which I love, but a stand alone, young adult, historical fiction which won the Edgar Award for Best Novel in 2014. I highly recommend it.

Kingdom of the Blind is #14 in Louise Penny's Chief Inspector Armand Gamache series. I like the series and characters so much. I'm glad Penny decided to keep writing after the death of her husband.

Undone and Pretty Girls by  Karin Slaughter as mentioned, are books the Corning library had by an author I've been reading my way through.


As are The Old Man and Poison Flower by Thomas Perry. Now I'll have to wait until they come out with new books.

Broken Bone China is #20 in Laura Childs' Tea Shop Mystery series. Childs has two other series which I don't follow, but am always glad to read a new Tea Shop book because I'm invested in the characters and enjoy learning more about teas.

The Peacock Emporium is Jojo Moyes latest. It was a good read, but I did not like it as much as her previous books.

Devotions is a book of selected poems by Pulitzer Prize winner Mary Oliver, who died in January. I have come late to this poet, but that doesn't mean I don't love her writing. This is my favorite June read.  (Ordinary Grace and Kingdom of the Blind are close seconds.)

No comments:

Post a Comment