Search This Blog

Saturday, December 22, 2018

A Glimpse Into The Past

It was a rare treat and a glimpse into my husband's past when someone shared a photo on Facebook yesterday.

The picture was one of her Dad's birthday party on August 7, 1954. It only took me a second to indentify that cute kid on the left - even though I didn't know him for many years later.
The birthday boy is the one with the holster and gun, fourth from the left. I wonder if the toy firearm was his birthday present? Bud and Larry were not only neighbors, friends and playmates living in the little burg of Brooks, they were also cousins.
I could identify Bud, next to him, Renny, skip one, then Larry, skip one and the boy on the end, Danny, a high school classmate of mine. Bud thought #'s 3 and 5 might have been two brothers, Bobby and Duane, who moved to the west coast.

This is a photo Bud had never seen. I'm sure it brought back many memories for him, taken three months before he turned 10. Memories of a carefree summer with a gang of friends, free to roam, explore, and act out their fantasy games and share one another's birthday parties.

I love this photo of the cute kid who grew up to be my handsome husband. I love the nostalgic feel of a simpler time and a glimpse into the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment