Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

SNOW DAY!!

Some of the political entourages trying to get out of Iowa after last night's caucuses might be disappointed in the weather this morning, but school kids are loving it! I am just being grateful I'm retired and don't have to go/be anywhere else but in my own warm, comfortable home.

I was awake at 1:30 a.m., no snow. At 3:00 a.m., it was snowing. When I got up around six there was a flash of light - yes, lightning! In February. And the wind was howling. (Still is.)

I took this picture looking out my window at 7:11 a.m. That's rain running down the top glass while snow is stuck in the lower screen. Schools are closed. The Y is closed - or at least the classes have been canceled. (I wouldn't go anyway!)


I opened the side door out the garage to the patio. The wet snow is stuck on the wind chimes, but they are still jingling.
The blowing snow nearly hides the nearby tree.




Usually everything under the patio roof is safe from the rain and snow - except when it is blowing as it is this morning.
My car....




.....the patio chairs....






....some flower pots and an Isabel Bloom statue.





The little snow birds are hopping around looking for their breakfasts out on the deck. Meanwhile the squirrels have dug down through about five inches of snow and found the pan of birdseed.




The very good news is that the groundhog did not see its shadow! Early spring! So enjoy this snow day, it may be the only one you get until next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment