Search This Blog

Thursday, February 29, 2024

February 2024 Reading List

The fewest books read in a month for how many years?!! Even with an extra day in February, only three books read! 

The Skin Collector and The Steel Kiss by Jeffery Deaver are the first two I've read in his Lincoln Rhyme series, although not the first two of the series. The library does not have all his books.

The Burial Hour, also by Jeffery Deaver, was the third book read this month. I believe this is the first author I've ever read who has, as the main character, a quadriplegic. Rhyme was a NYPD homicide detective before his accident. Now he is a forensic criminalist solving crimes with his knowledge, experience and a room full of testing equipment. 

Daylight savings time begins in ten days. We will gain and extra hour of daylight at the end of each day.

This morning I gained an extra hour - of sleep. I slept until 7:00 a.m.! I couldn't believe it! I haven't done that in years! I am almost always up between 4:45 and 5:30 a.m.; rarely sleeping until six. And it is all thanks to HD.

In the last couple of weeks I began waking up with headaches. They would go away after I'd been up awhile. Monday night I had a headache so bad it woke me up. I started thinking about what the cause might be and finally hit upon blood pressure. I hadn't checked mine in ages. When I did it was 167 over 89. No wonder I had a headache. As soon as my BP medicine had a chance to work, the numbers went down.

When I told Bud about it, he asked if I had ever talked to the doctor about taking my blood pressure medicine at night. He said his doctor had advised him to do that. So I tried it. Tuesday night I slept great and woke up without a headache. Same thing yesterday and I slept until 6:30. Today, as noted, I slept until 7a.m. - and felt great! No headaches. The only downside is that I feel like I've lost a good portion of my morning - not that I do anything important - but those two hours were my alone time. I'm sure I will still have mornings when I get up early, but getting more sleep, especially headache free sleep, is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment