Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 31, 2024

January 2024 Reading List

Seven books read in January --


Tom Lake is the latest book by one of my favorite authors, Ann Patchett. She is an excellent writer and I will read anything she writes, regardless of storyline.

The Cellist by Daniel Silva is #21 in his Gabriel Allon series. I only have his newest book left to read to complete all he has written in this series.

Roadside Crosses and Solitude Creek by Jeffrey Deaver are books two and four in his Kathryn Dance series. These are the only books in this series that my library has.

Mad Honey is a collaboration by Jodi Picoult and Jennifer Finney Boylan is an absolutely captivating book written so seamlessly that one would never know two people wrote it. Picoult is another one of the authors I will read regardless of the storyline. But the storyline in this one is terrific.


Lost & Hound is the fifteenth book in the Sister Jane series by Rita Mae Brown and possibly the last I will read even if she writes more. As I noted about the last one I read, this one also seems rushed - as though she has a deadline and is in a hurry to meet it. Even though I still like the characters, I think I can better spend my time with books that have more substance.

The Girl Before is by JP Delaney, a new author for me and a book I picked up by random. Even though it is compared to Gone Girl and The Girl on the Train, I did not care as much for this book as I did those. Maybe I will suggest to HD that we watch the limited series based on the book to see how it compares.

On February's reading list - some books in Jeffrey Deaver's Lincoln Rhyme series.

No comments:

Post a Comment