Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 31, 2023

May '23 Book List

Nine books read in the merry month of May:

Hidden Creed by Alex Kava is the sixth book of her Ryder Creed K-9 mystery series. 

Dark Angel by John Sandford is the second book in the Letty Davenport series.

Shrines of Gaiety is the latest book by Kate Atkinson (who is my newest adopted author at the library). This novel is based on a real person, Kate Meyrick, the "Queen of Soho's nightlife" and a departure from previous books, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I was so happy to see a new book by one of my favorite authors, Ian Rankin. A Song For The Dark Times is #23 in his Inspector Rebus series. The Inspector may be retired now, but he hasn't lost his talent for solving murders.

death benefits by Thomas Perry follows a methodical data analyst for a California insurance company who gets caught up in helping to solve the death of fellow employee. This was an interesting read into the world of insurance scams.

The Department of Rare Books and Special Collections is Eva Jurczyk's first novel and one I picked up because I like books about books. It is a mystery about rare books missing from a library and was a little hard to get into, but I enjoyed it once I did.

Loyalty by Lisa Scottoline is an novel set in Sicily about the early rise of the Mafia. 

Prince of Fire by Daniel Silva is #5 in his Gabriel Allon series. I found this a very informative look at the founding of Israel and the establishment of a Jewish homeland. It gave me a better understanding of  the continuing conflicts between Palestine and Israel as well as other countries in that region.

Nightlife by Thomas Perry pits two women against each other - a beautiful serial killer and the Portland, OR police detective determined to catch her.

Some favorite authors have new books out which I look forward to reading soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment