Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Finally All The Plants Are Potted

Or should I say "All the pots are planted?" Either way, after a later than usual start, I am done adding color to the deck, patio and yard for this year. There are a couple that aren't in bloom yet that I will work into a post once they do bloom. Here are what they look like this year.


Beginning with the last pot planted, just yesterday morning.

These are the volunteer Snapdragons I mentioned in the last post.

The pot was my Great-grandmother Matilda (Tillie) Means' - one she cooked meals in.



The old mail box from the farm. Most years this stays on the patio with herbs planted in it. But where it is next to the sundial is a bare spot once the daffodil plants die down. I can't plant anything in the ground here because it would disturb the bulbs, so I set the mailbox down and plant in it.





Patio pots - petunias in another iron pot. And because there is no drainage, it needs to be kept away from too much rain. 
Extra impatiens went into my Celtic pot. They bloom nicely here in the shade.




This is the bird bath base we found discarded back in the trees a few years ago. 

I couldn't find a matching bird bath bowl for it, but this pot comes close.

This year, geraniums and a vinca vine brighten the corner.





 
I bought this large deck rail planter to grow radishes, with somewhat less than satisfactory results.

This year I tried spinach with even worse results.

So, once again, it contains flowers. I got a deal on these little Periwinkles - two six-packs for $3.00 - by waiting so late to plant.




Every year it seems there is a new color of verbena. Peachy Keen is still my favorite, but unavailable locally, so I went with this year's new ones. I think they were Midnight Blue or something like that. I actually like them alot.

The rocks are to keep the squirrels from digging in the pots. Both pots on either side of the steps are planted the same.





I love this tall Guy Wolff Pottery planter. I've had it many years and it is beginning to show its age.

I love the color of the Pinks I put in it this year. And I feel the vinca vine adds that extra touch.





Of course the first really bright spot of flowers on the deck were my Mother's Day flowers from Doug and Shelly.

They usually hang, but the last couple days have been so windy I thought it safer to set them out of the gusts.





This is always the pot and the corner of the deck for  geraniums - almost always my favorite salmon colored ones.

But the salmon ones were already all gone, so I ended up with these pink ones which are equally gorgeous.

Again, the rocks are to discourage the squirrels!




More of those pink Periwinkles...

I think they'll do well here in the sun in the planter my grandson made for me.

I refer to it as "Brock's Box". 




Again, not the colors I usually plant, but I got the ones that were mostly salmon and worked with that. I guess I was meant to branch out of my routine. 


The lavender I had here the last couple of years died out over the winter so I bought a new perennial and one that is new to me - Delphinium. 

Of course I'm referring to it as "Delphia's Delphinium" as my maternal grandmother's name was Delphia - which was pronounced as Delfie, not Delfee-ah.

Delphia's Delphinium grows very near Tillie's iron pot of  snaps - appropriate, I  think, as they were mother and daughter. 



That's it for this year's planting - well, unless I see some more of those bargain plants and just can't resist. 😍


 

No comments:

Post a Comment