Search This Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2022

Books Read In March 2022

 I managed to read seven books this month.

The Heron's Cry by Ann Cleves is the second book of her Two Rivers series featuring Detective Matthew Venn. 

Try, Try Again is the fifth and final book of Les Lynam's Time Will Tell series. I am so happy for my brother's writing successes and proud of him. I'm not a big Sci-Fi fan, but I really did enjoy these books. Les is great at writing dialogue and bringing characters to life. I'm looking forward to what is next now that this series is complete.

Something to Hide is the 21st book in the Thomas Lynley series by Elizabeth George and the first since 2018. It was so good to read about Detective Inspector Lynley and DS Barbara Havers again.


Down the Hatch is an Agatha Raisin Mystery written for years by M.C. Beaton and now being authored by R. W. (Rod) Green after Beaton's death. I've followed this and other series of Beaton's for years. And while Green's Agatha Raisin book was okay, I'll probably not keep reading them.

A Game of Fear by Charles Todd is #24 in the Inspector Ian Rutledge series. Sadly the mother in this mother/son authoring team has also died but I will keep reading this series as the writing is still excellent.

The Lincoln Highway by Amor Towles was a "can't put down", Great American Road adventure novel set in the 1950's. I loved Towles Rules of Civility when I read it ten years ago and I loved The Lincoln Highway, too. I just wish my library had all of Towles' books.

Cloud Cuckoo Land is by Anthony Doerr another writer I wish my library had all of his books. And even though I have really liked the books of his I had read, I almost didn't read this one after I got it home. It seemed too much of a stretch from the earliest recorded times to the distant future aboard an intergalactic spaceship. But I did read it and am glad I did. One review states "It is a convoluted love letter to books." It was probably my favorite read of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment