Search This Blog

Monday, March 28, 2022

A Fox Tale Via The Magic Window

 

When I cannot be out in nature, my magic window brings nature in to me - as it did Saturday morning when I noticed this fox trotting down the hillside opposite the pond.

I'm always on the lookout for something different to photograph and I only see a fox a few times a year. They usually come around in the spring when the geese return to the pond.

But the geese were already aware of this nearby predator and were loudly sounding their alarm.

It may look like the fox is just out for a morning stroll in this picture, but....



....this one seems to me to show the fox has a very determined agenda.

-- Breakfast!

I watched until it disappeared into the brushy area behind the dam, thinking that was it for the day.



Only to be surprised twenty minutes later when I saw it up in a tree! It looked like it was after something. By the time I got my camera it was on its way down.

I knew foxes could climb trees, but this was a first in my life sighting of one actually doing it.

Wow, nature is so entertaining.




This was the best photo I got as it jumped down to the ground and kept going on its way.

My foxy adventure was done for the day.




Or so I thought. An hour and ten minutes later I saw it again - across the pond running for the wooded area. 

It stopped and looked back toward the geese one last time before disappearing.



But there was still one last surprise in store - a second fox came along right after the first. It too stopped and looked back at the geese on the pond before following the first fox out of sight. 

Discouraged, I assume. 😖



It is really so enjoyable to look out the window and see the changing weather, sunsets and wildlife. It makes me wonder about all that I miss seeing when I'm in another room. 😞

"No matter how intently one studies the hundred little dramas of the woods and meadows, one can never learn all the salient facts about any of them." (Aldo Leopold)


No comments:

Post a Comment