Search This Blog

Friday, October 29, 2021

How Appropriate - October is National Physical Therapy Month

 

I didn't realize until a couple days ago that October is National Physical Therapy Month. How appropriate since today marks my first full week of physical therapy for my total hip replacement.

I had my first session one week ago today and have had three sessions this week. My therapist says I am doing great and I feel that I am doing very well. As my ortho doc said: "A hip is much easier than a knee replacement."

Surgery was on the 19th and I went home the next day.


Even though I have a 'fancy' walker I bought at a garage sale several years ago, I again borrowed a regular walker from the Eagles Club. 

Today was the first day I took the 'Porsche' to therapy. I'm glad I did! My therapist had me walking all over the hospital corridors. Much easier with the four wheel model.



Yesterday morning I exchanged the walker for a grocery cart and shopped my way through Hy-Vee. It really felt good to be out doing something as mundane as grocery shopping. 


My picture taking has suffered a bit due to the surgery and its aftermath.

Clouds dancing down the sun was shot the night before surgery. (Monday night.) 


The nearing full moon of October was taken the morning of surgery - about a half hour before we had to be at the surgical center.



It was very foggy Friday morning, the 22nd. just before leaving for my first physical therapy session.



Coming home from PT Tuesday, the 26th, Bud drove me past Summit Lake where I got a photo of all the water going over the spillway.

We had 3.25" of rain on Sunday, the 24th and another 2.45" Wednesday through Thursday this week. 


Closer to home, I took this photo of the neighbor's tree Wednesday morning.



And this picture of my miniature yellow rose this morning. It is just blooming its little heart out. 

There are still several buds on it. I hope a freeze holds off for awhile.

I thought it was interesting that one of the old blooms has turned pink. 

I'm hoping for continued improvement with my new hip and some of those lovely late fall days in November so I can get back out on some trails, enjoying the outdoors and nature before winter really sets in.

Monday afternoon I see my ortho surgeon for my post op check up. We'll see what he thinks about any late fall hikes.




No comments:

Post a Comment