Search This Blog

Thursday, September 30, 2021

Books I Read In September

 Nine books read during the month of September.

The Quilter's Apprentice by Jennifer Chiaverini is the first in The Elm Creek Quilts series. I've read a number of this author's historical novels, but I believe this is the only book of her quilt series that I've read. It was interesting with enough "how to make a quilt" info to remind me why I could never be a quilter - too much math!

Lost Light by Michael Connelly is the next book in his Harry Bosch series that I have been reading my way through.

Triple Jeopardy, One Fatal Flaw and Death With A Double Edge are #'s 2,3 & 4 in Anne Perry's Daniel Pitt series. After I read, and liked, the first one last month, I decided to read all that she has in this series so far. 

Hour of the Witch by Chris Bohjalian is such a departure from his previous works. It is set in Boston in 1662, a period when women were being accused of witchcraft over the smallest reasons. The author states that he was "always a spectacularly anxious soul" who "identified with the Puritans' often desperate self-examination". Bohjalian has been a favorite author since I read his first book and while this is probably my least favorite of them, it is still very interesting.

A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick is a book I first read ten years ago and obviously did not remember. There was not one thing about reading it for the second time that seemed familiar. It is set in Wisconsin in 1907 - a story about a rich man and an opportunistic mail order bride.

The Narrows and The Closers by Michael Connelly are the next two titles in order in the Harry Bosch series, both from the mid 2000's. A quick check shows me that I still have about a dozen more titles to read in this series. That's good news for me. I do not tire of reading this author. He is one of the best for crime fiction.


No comments:

Post a Comment