Search This Blog

Thursday, February 28, 2019

Read In February 2019

I'm still averaging ten books a month in this new year.

Picture Perfect and Mercy by Jodi Picoult As forecast, I read a number of this author's books this month.

Circe by Madeline Miller I never could keep the Gods and Goddesses of Greek mythology straight. This book will help - if I can just remember what I read about them.

Unseen by Karin Slaughter Also, as forecast, more of Karin Slaughter's books this month.

Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult

Uncommon Type by Tom Hanks I knew Tom Hanks collected typewriters. I assumed his book would be about them - where he found the ones he acquired and why. Instead it is a book of short stories he has written. I was surprised by his talent in this field. All the stories were good and some were really good with characters so interesting I wish he would turn them into an entire book.

The Rain Watcher by Tatiana De Rosnay A celebratory weekend where family members hope to reconnect and resolve differences is further complicated by a flood. The real 2016 flood of Paris forms the background of this novel.

The Good Daughter by Karin Slaughter

Perfect Match by Jodi Picoult

Dear George, Dear Mary by Mary Calvi An interesting book about George Washington's 'first love' based on letters and other documentation of the time. It seemed appropriate that I was reading it on his 287th birthday.

More Picoult books will be read in March, but I'm going to have to find a new author or two to take the place of Slaughter until her next book comes out.

2 comments:

  1. I’m waiting for some of my holds at the library, so I checked out a Myron Bolotar book by Harlan Coben. I only read his stuff when I can’t find anything I like better. He’s written over 20 of those books, and I’ve probably only read 3 or 4. Nice to know they are waiting in the wings for me to get desperate enough to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna - I've thought about trying Coben. I have decided to read all the Picoult books our library has. The different subject matters is interesting and she is such a good writer.

    ReplyDelete