Search This Blog

Friday, September 29, 2017

Of Pillows and Cushions


The final four; stuffed and just waiting for the hand stitching to close. I had to order the pillow forms which was a good thing. Not only are they very good quality, they were less expensive. And I learned this:

Inside the packaging was a card from the company, Fairfield World, Danbury, CT. One side tells one of their 'We Make For Good' stories and the other side invites you to submit a story about yourself or of another crafter whose creation benefits a good cause. Featured crafters may be eligible for a product grant to help them continue making for good.
I think clicking on the picture will make it clear enough to read. I know if I were a crafter, this is where I would send for all my stuffing needs. They also have a Facebook page. You should see the darling cupcake idea for a Halloween costume. It makes me wish I were a crafty person!

Another view of the pillows which were stitched (candlewicking) by my Grandmother, Delphia. This one shows the wall hanging (made for a window) which was crocheted by her mother, my Great-grandmother, Matilda Means. Now I wish there had been seven pillows so I would have one, too. I suppose I could keep one for myself, but I won't. These are going to my granddaughters as intended.

Now for the cushions. Ta-da. Kiwi for the patio.....

.......and Aloha Black for the deck. I still need to locate a coordinating umbrella, but with so many color possibilities, that shouldn't be too hard.

I can even mix and match. I realize we won't get a lot of use from them this late in the season, but by waiting I got all six cushions for slightly more than what one cost last spring.
Just think how nice these are going to look when we re-stain the deck next year. (Insert Happy Emoji.)

No comments:

Post a Comment