Search This Blog

Thursday, September 28, 2017

As Different As .....

Day

and Night

Sunrise, top, and sunset, bottom, 27 September, 2017.

When we were growing up I used to think that because we were sisters and close in age, Betty and I thought alike. Let me re-phrase, *should* think alike. It was around the time we were the ages of ten and eight (me on the left, she on the right, cousin Janet between), that I realized we didn't always. And because I was older, I expected her to think as I did.
Oh, boy, the disagreements and fights such beliefs caused.

It wasn't until she was a senior in high school and I was married that we really started getting along. When we both became young mothers with little boys it was time of mutual caring and understanding.

Would that it could have lasted.

I get so nostalgic this time of year, the time between her birthday, September 23 and the date of her death, October 14.

    ....The difference between day and night.

No comments:

Post a Comment