Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

C'est Si Bon

♪ ♫ ♪ C'est si bon, lovers say that in France.....♪ ♫ ♪ The song, C'est Si Bon has been stuck in my mind for about a week now. I knew how the French words translated because of the song - c'est si bon, it's so good, but why have I been singing it in my head? I might think it was because a book I just read had a lot of French terms in it, but c'est si bon was occupying brain space before I read that book.

I think it is just the universe reminding me that my life is good (despite the aches and pains) and that I should be grateful. And I am.

I'm very grateful that we had another wonderful family Christmas in July celebration - that so many of my children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren, one brother, a nephew and grand-nephew, came from near and far and made it safely back home.

Safely back to their homes even though flight cancellations and delays turned Mark and Juliet's return to NYC into a ten hour tribulation and a near tornado (Ken's photo, above) forced Ken and Kari to shelter with other travelers 'neath an overpass in far western Nebraska. They had to pull over because of a blinding rain storm coming to Iowa for which one of their Portland friends commented: "Better than finding a tornado". Somehow I think she conjured this for their return trip.

Grateful that my sweet eldest granddaughter, Katrina and partner, Brad, hosted our party this year (and that I was having a 'good' day) so all I had to do was show up and enjoy - and especially happy that she trusts me to be the one to first learn whether I'm having another great-grandson or great-granddaughter and bring the cake? balloons? other? to the reveal party in November. Trusts me even though she knows my mischievous mind is already at work.

C'est si bon, 'it is good'. I like that better than c'est la vie, 'such is life', which seems to be used more often but to me feels more pessimistic. Perhaps I don't always demonstrate that I feel that way, but my life has been good - very good. Remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment