Search This Blog

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Taking A Sunday Drive #30

♪ I'm in a New York state of mind...♪
I've already shared almost all the details of our trip to New York last fall in my blogs of the last two weeks in October, so I'll share some of Bud's photos from that trip.
Beginning with....
......interesting rock along the trail to the water fall in Little Falls, New York.

The Dakota Apartments, upper West Side, Manhattan. Home of John Lennon at the time of his death. The front of the building was under renovation, thus the side view.

The Sphere by German sculpture Fritz Koenig which now stands in Battery Park.

And the story of The Sphere - where it once stood and what it now symbolizes.

Albino Manca's bronze eagle statue part of the East Coast Memorial honoring the 4,601 missing American servicemen who lost their lives in the Atlantic Ocean while engaged in combat during WWII. The monument was dedicated by President John F. Kennedy on May 23, 1963.

Obligatory photo of Central Park carriages. There was a time, many, many years ago when I would have wanted to take one of these rides through the park.

Mark and Juliet with the Bull of Wall Street on our way to see Mark's office building.

A different view of the Bull of Wall Street in Bowling Green Park. From the number of people lined up to take a picture like this and how shiny this part of the bull's anatomy was, I got the impression this was another one of those quintessential Manhattan photos.

 As though he wasn't already getting enough attention....The Trump Building near Mark's office building.

Central Park as seen from the top of the Rockefeller Center. I did not think I would go to the top, but I'm so glad I did - amazing sites from there.

Lincoln Tunnel into New Jersey. No photos in New Jersey. And just a side trip of a few miles into Delaware so we could say we'd been there and cross it off the list, too. Our lower 48 was complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment