Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Twins


This has always been my favourite picture of my brother Ron, his wife, Ruthie and their twins when they were babies. Andrew is on the left, Lorrie on the right. This was taken in the east pasture of our home farm almost 36 years ago. We were all so happy when these two little ones joined the family.
Lorrie grew up, got married and had twins of her own. This picture of Aiden and Erick with Great Grandma Ruth was taken in November of 2003 shortly before Mom died.
It has been quite awhile since I've seen Aiden & Erick and their little brother Carston. That is going to be remedied soon as we are going to spend a couple of days with them in AZ next week. I can hardly wait. Sunshine and 70's and family - a winning combination.
I don't know what the odds are of a twin having twins. I've heard that twins run in families. The only ones I know of in our family were on Dad's side. His maternal uncle and wife had twins as did the daughter of another of Dad's maternal uncles and wife.
I remember how OLD my great aunts seemed to me when I was a kid. I wonder if Aiden & Erick & Carston will see me that way.

1 comment:

  1. I love that picture of R & R--I don't think I've seen it before.

    I'm so glad you're getting out of winter for a little bit and going to get your bones warmed up. It was funny at first, but the winter you're having has taken it WAY too far now. If you have an overwhelming urge to go Northwest before turning East again, just give us a call around Salem so we can put clean sheets on the bed! :-)

    ReplyDelete