Search This Blog

Saturday, September 16, 2017

Watching For Balloons

It is Hot Air Balloon Days in Creston this weekend. I've been out hoping to sight them several times, but none so far. Often they come right over our house. So, no balloons, but this is what I did see:

Another orb weaver - this one seemingly descending from the waning moon.

The wind chimes silenced for now by the omnivorous tendrils of the Cardinal Climber.

Which I needed have worried about whether or not it was going to bloom. I only had to have a little patience.

Cottonwood trees already showing a lot of color.

A morning sky filled with what at first glance I thought was a flock of birds but turned out to be a disjointed cloud.

Some thunderheads beginning to tower. Oh, that we could have some rain, even if it meant the balloons couldn't go up!

Balloon Days also means "Friends of the Library" book sale. I usually go on Saturday morning but as we have other plans today, for the first time I went Friday afternoon as soon as they opened. Already there were swarms of people there. Books are mostly sorted into genres. I spent almost all my time perusing the long tables at the upper left - the 'literature' section, with just a brief glance at the mystery tables. The seven books I came home with all came from the literature tables. You may be reading about my selections in future monthly book reports.
One more picture, this one from a few evenings ago. It almost looked like an oil slick on the pond. Strange.
Maybe balloon pictures tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment