Search This Blog

Monday, August 3, 2026

Turn: Washington's Spies

 


We've been watching Turn: Washington's Spies - a drama first aired from April, 2014 to August 2017 on AMC. It is a period piece about the American Revolution from 1776 to 1781. Have you seen it?

First, let me tell you I am a big fan of history - one of my favorite school subjects - and second, I am also interested in the histories of wars fought in our country and by our citizens fighting in other countries.




There are 40 episodes. We have watched two a night for most evenings. Tonight we will watch our last two episodes. I am really going to miss watching this series. It is so good with characters you care about and ones you hate - one in particular for me. If you watch it, you'll probably figure out who that is. 

The series is based on Alexander Rose's book Washington's Spies: The Story of America's First Spy Ring, a history of the Culper Ring. From what I've read online about the spy ring, the series runs pretty true to the facts which makes it all the more interesting to me. TV worth watching in my opinion. 💂😊


No comments:

Post a Comment