Search This Blog

Thursday, December 30, 2021

January to December - 2021 in Photos

 Nature, nature, nature, nurturance! 💚



January - Adams Street bridge at Lake McKinley.




February - A lovely Mourning Dove on a frosty morn.




March - They look like smoke signals but in reality are flint colored clouds over a pond partially covered in ice.




April - Always good to see the toad survived the winter. After all he/she is a symbol of fortune, prosperity and abundance. I've never given him/her a name. How about Teddy/Teddie the Toad?





May - Why are some geranium leaves multi-colored and the rest are just green? This one was eye-catching especially with the raindrops.




June - Grasses silhouetted in the sunrise at Green Valley Lake/State Park.



July - We called them thunderheads when I was a child. They meant rain, possibly a storm.

Cumulonimbus clouds are always dramatic. (From Latin cumulus, "heaped" and nimbus "rainstorm".)



August - And I was chasing butterflies, hoping for that perfect picture. I was pretty happy with this one.



September - Another little trip close to home took me to a park/lake I had never been to before - Nodaway Lake southwest of Greenfield. 

So much to see and photograph and choose from. This little yellow Jewelweed with the dew still upon it won out.




October - Morning sunlight on the Virginia Creeper climbing an old lakeside maple tree at Lake McKinley.



November - Sunset and dancing clouds of purple and pink over the pond.


December - The Full Long Night Moon setting in early morning clouds.


Bonus photo #1

In January we made a trip to the Schildberg Recreation Area near Atlantic to see the swans on Quarry Lake #4.

It was late afternoon before they came back from feeding in harvested fields.

What a joy to watch them flying in, highlighted by the setting sun. 


Bonus photo #2

On a lovely June morning I set off on a photo-taking tour in my home county. It was an enjoyable time and I only took a hundred pictures.

I don't think I ever walked home from our one room country school without stopping on the bridge and looking down on both sides to the little creek - a tributary to the 102 River.

It looks different now, smaller and with Eastern Redcedar trees crowding the banks.  I don't remember the Arrowhead plants there years ago but the mud looks the same. And the memories remain - throwing rocks into the water, scaring the pigeons out from underneath the bridge - even going there and catching bullheads with my mother and sister. 


I thought for certain after we had our Covid-19 innoculations that our lives would be more normal and for awhile they were - once again being with family members and going shopping without wearing a mask. But the pandemic isn't over yet and I doubt it ever will be completely. I'm back to wearing a mask whenever I go out and shopping very early in the morning when there are few others out and about. Even with the booster shot I don't think I'm really totally protected. So 2022 will be another year of finding peace and contentment in, of and with nature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment