Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Read In July 2019

Summertime and the reading is easy - just less of it.

The Book Woman Of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele Richardson is one of the best books I've read in some time. So good, I gave it its own blog earlier this month, July 5th.

The Pioneers by David McCullough is an interesting account of the colonization of The Northwest Territory, specifically, Ohio, once it was opened to settlement.

A Pattern of Lies by Charles Todd is #7 in the Bess Crawford Mystery Series. This series is still one of my favorites as is the mother/son writing team.

Lies That Comfort and Betray by Rosemary Simpson is the second Gilded Age Mystery book. I am liking this author and series very much.

How to Forget: A Daughter's Memoir by Kate Mulgrew is an honest, often painful, recollection of her experiences when she returns to Iowa to care for her ailing parents. Though cancer took her father, it was relatively quick. It was the several years journey of Alzheimer's with her beloved mother that was the most poignant for me to read.
I've always admired Mulgrew as an actor, now I admire her as an author.

This month's reads may have been fewer - but they were all good.


No comments:

Post a Comment