Search This Blog

Sunday, March 31, 2019

Read In March 2019

Twelve books read this month.

The Golden Tresses of the Dead is Alan Bradley's tenth book in his Flavia de Luce series.

Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill is a new author for me, read upon the recommendation of my daughter.

The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult is another great read, as is....

Leaving Time .... The book that gave me a new appreciation for elephants.

Rocket Boys is a memoir by Homer H. Hickam, Jr. is a book I bought. It made me think so much of my older brother's time and adventures, I am sending it to him to read as he recuperates from knee surgery.

What The Dead Leave Behind by Rosemary Simpson is the first in her Gilded Age Mystery series, this one set during in New York City during the great blizzard of 1888.

The Victory Garden is Rhys Bowen's is set during one of my favorite time periods, WWI, as well as about one of my favorite subjects, healing with herbs.

The Black Ascot is Charles Todd's latest novel in the Inspector Ian Rutledge series. I love this protagonist and this series set during the years after WWI.

City of Secrets is Victoria Thompson's second book of her A Counterfeit Lady series. Con artist Elizabeth Miles helps one of the suffragists she met in the previous novel.

The Burglar is the first novel I've read by Thomas Perry. Happily I have found a new author and will be reading my way through the books in Gibson Memorial and then head to Corning Library for the ones they have.

We Must Be Brave by Frances Liardet is set in England during and after WWII. A very young girl is separated from her mother during an evacuation and taken in by a childless couple.

Tony's Wife by Adriana Trigiani. This author has been one of my favorites for many years, but this book has probably been my least favorite of her's.


All good books read this month. April will feature more Picoult and Perry for sure. Maybe some more new authors?  It will also feature more yard work so maybe fewer books read?

No comments:

Post a Comment