Search This Blog

Friday, December 7, 2012

"It's beginning to look a lot like......"


Daughter Kari has been pinning a lot of seasonal ideas on her Pinterest board, but this is one of her own creations. She scored several of these pieces while antiquing in Ocean Shores last month. I admire her creativity as well as her good taste.


I'm all decorated for the holidays as well. This morning I pulled out the 32" fiber optic, gold tinsel tree and plugged it in. Add to that a bowl of apples and a "Welcome To The Naughty List" gift bag and I'm almost done.
For those who don't know already, I don't do well this time of year. I haven't liked Christmas since I was about 13. The older I got, the more of an overwhelming obligatory time it became.


OK. The decorating is done. A bow-wrapped glass block with a set of twinkle lights inside and a bag for the proverbial coal, that's it.
Actually, I do better with the season now that I no longer buy gifts for everyone. We will still get together with family members which is the best part for me.


Several years ago Bud received this shirt for a Christmas present. I always thought they gave it to the wrong grand-parent. I'm much more a bah humbug person than he is.

I found this gift list suggestion by Oren Arnold which comes close to my idea of gift giving: "To your enemy, forgiveness. To an opponent, tolerance. To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every child, a good example. To yourself, respect."

To that I will add the same thing I've asked for the past many, many years: Peace on Earth.

 Happy Holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment