Search This Blog

Saturday, December 2, 2017

Healing Hands

I had my second massage yesterday. It was just as therapeutically wonderful as the first one was three weeks ago - maybe even better. I have another half-hour scheduled in two weeks. In January I am going to start the New Year off right with an hour long massage, then keep going every month of the year.

Finally finding a new massage therapist I like has benefited me in another way. She suggested I do some simple stretches - which I *knew* I should be doing anyway. But her encouragement got me back into my old routine of morning stretches. I even picked my weights back up as well as the resistance band and exercises I learned after shoulder replacement. I can already tell the difference in my shoulders and the way my back feels.

A massage might be considered an unnecessary indulgence, but I see it as a benefit to my overall health. One I look forward to and plan to keep in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment