Search This Blog

Sunday, December 10, 2017

Another Blogspot Photo Request

Remember almost two years ago when I had a request from the American Cleaning Institute to use this photo they found on my blog in one of their newsletters? Well, it's happened again.

About six weeks ago, I received an e-mail from a Historian at History Associates Inc., asking for permission to use this 1940 photo of Grandma Bessie holding Ronald on the front porch of Mom & Dad's house.
Someone from the Mississippi Arts and Entertainment Experience had found the photo on my blog. According to the Historian who is working with The MAX, "They really like the picture."

I don't know how this photo will figure into the story of Mississippi's entertainment legends, but the person requesting it said they are trying to create a sense of home by using atmospheric and historic images as full sized murals. Grandma and Ron as a full sized mural? I'd like to see that.

The museum is still under construction in downtown Meridian, MS. It is scheduled to open April 28, 2018.
I've asked the Historian who contacted me to let me know if/when/how the photo is used. I've also signed up for the Mississippi Arts and Entertainment Experience's newsletter so I'll have updates about the Museum that way.

If interested about their project, you can go here: https://msarts.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment