Search This Blog

Friday, November 17, 2017

Some Shopping? Of Course!

I had my $10 birthday gift from Kohl's plus an extra 15% off, plus another $5 Kohl's cash - so of course there was some shopping involved when we went to West Des Moines Wednesday.

Thinking ahead to the expected great-grandson in January, I almost bought this 3-piece outfit for him. With the hooded, toggle-closing sweat shirt top and matching pants and a cute white onesie to complete the outfit, it was perfect. (In my eyes.) Plus it was on sale, $40 full price, $24.00 + another l5% off. I held off buying anything though until after the little one is here and I know more what Alyssa wants for him. But isn't it the cutest?

Then there was this adorable furry, pink, hooded capelet with Brynley's name all over it. WHY didn't they have clothes like this when my babies were little? Kari would have rocked this cape. (She still could.)
I forget what the price was on this, but I just realized they probably did have clothes like this back then, I just couldn't afford them.

My list for what I wanted was very short, only two items. I found them both.
I needed a new pair of spa socks. My old ones are about worn out. I found them packaged in pairs, but couldn't find a price. I found an associate to ask where the price scanners were and she happened to be standing near one. "They are $13.00, on sale for $6.50."
My other want was a hat similar in style to the one I liked at Celtic Ranch in Weston. I settled on this gray wool one. It too, was on sale; marked $30, not quite half price at $18. When the birthday money, Kohl's cash and discount was taken off, my total was $8.55. That's got to be the smallest amount ever for my Kohl's charge - my kind of shopping spree.

No comments:

Post a Comment