Search This Blog

Thursday, November 16, 2017

A Run On The Wild Side

First clue:
This carpet would make me dizzy if I had to look at it every day.

Second clue:
Santa arrives amidst fireworks and the tree lighting tomorrow evening.

Yep. We went to West Des Moines yesterday for lunch followed by a movie at Jordan Creek Mall. An early birthdays/anniversary observance.

We hadn't been there for two? three? years. I was surprised when we were asked to select our seats when we bought the tickets.

And what seats they are! Also new to us - recliners in the movie theater. I have always preferred sitting in the last row. Unless the movie is sold out, we usually have almost the entire row to ourselves. Yesterday, at a 2:00 p.m. showing, in the middle of the week, with only a dozen or so people in the theater, where do you think most of them sat? Next to us. Go figure.

We both enjoyed the latest remake of Agatha Christie's Murder On The Orient Express. I knew I would like it because I love period pieces. The trailers I had already seen on TV showed how lush the costuming and set designs were. And who doesn't love a mystery?
It took me a while to get my mind around Kenneth Branagh as Hercule Poirot, used as I am to David Suchet in that role, but Branagh is such a superb actor. It was a treat to watch his performance.

There was a gorgeous sunset as we drove home.

It still amazes me that my pictures can turn out as well as they do when they are taken from the car at 70 mph.

It was late and getting cold, but I wanted to stop and see the new Clarke County Freedom Rock at Murray. Their's is the largest (26 tons) county rock I've seen so far. And the total setting is the nicest. Behind the rock is a black granite wall inscribed with the names and dates of service of Clarke County veterans. This Freedom Rock was dedicated last Friday, just in time for Veterans Day.

It was a perfect day for a run walk on the wild side.

No comments:

Post a Comment