Search This Blog

Sunday, October 8, 2017

Rainy Saturday In Winterset

Creston's last Farmers Market two weeks ago got rained out but Winterset's was still going on. We planned a trip there for it and to see family. But would we get rained out again?

It looked like there would be a window of opportunity in between the rains. On the way I noticed the Middle River was up.

There weren't a lot of vendors at the Farmers Market, but my favorite, Bridgewater Farm was there. This is the bounty I came home with: spaghetti squash, sweet potatoes, red potatoes, peppers, tomatoes and even some radishes. Mm-m, some good eating.

And speaking of good eating, we had lunch at the Mi Pueblito Mexican Restaurant. I had read their menu and reviews online. It looked like a good place to go and we weren't disappointed. I wish I could sample everything on their menu. It was good to see my son and daughter-in-law, an added bonus was that two of their children were also there.

I came home with this lovely autumn wreath Shalea and Deise made for me. I could have also brought home a kitten or two and was tempted. Their outdoor cat has two pure black female babies. I picked up one of them; she reminded me so much of my Cerridwen kitty. I was tempted but I don't think I'm ready yet for another house cat.

It did rain on us on the way home. All together we had two and a half inches, but Dale (Bridgewater Farm vendor) said he had over six inches of rain. No wonder the rivers were full. By evening it was clearing; the sun set on another nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment