Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

13 Years With Marriott Rewards

Funny the things that will trigger memories. I had an email from Marriott saying, "Congratulations! Celebrate 13 years with Marriott Rewards". And just like that I could recall details from 2004.
Beginning with a trip to Minneapolis to meet up with my daughter and attend a Gallowglass Reunion performance. We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott downtown near Mill Ruins Park. When I checked in I was invited to sign up for their rewards program. I did.
Kari and I went shopping at Macy's where I was invited to sign up for their credit card. I did. I don't think I have used it since, nor stayed at Marriott since. But I did buy some clothes that day for an upcoming sales meeting in Phoenix.

Bud and I were working for the same company by then and he and the vice president were handling the sales meetings but I went along on some of them.


Especially if they involved locations where I could also visit friends and relatives.

Our three day meeting was held at Pointe South Mountain Resort which now is the Arizona Grand Resort and Spa.

I loved all the fountains around the resort grounds.

And the palms trees and court yards between buildings.

It was easy to get lost, but even if you did, it was okay because there was something new to see.

One night the evening meal was served outside and all along the area were these little fireplaces. The next day vendors were set up in the same piazza. One of my memories of the trip is the topaz and silver ring I bought there.

My niece, Lorrie, came over and we took the twins, Aiden and Erick to one of the pools.

The next day I drove down to Tucson to visit my friends, Gene and Kristina. She and I walked up the wash back of their house so I could pick rocks. The sweater I have on was another of my Macy's purchases as was the two-piece dress in the first photo. I wore the sweater a lot, but I only wore that dress one other time.

Great memories from thirteen years ago; thanks for the reminder, Marriott.

No comments:

Post a Comment