Search This Blog

Friday, September 15, 2017

Smoochin' Brynley's Toes

Monday my granddaughter shared a picture on Facebook of her little one in which it looked like she was trying to kick the camera. My comment was: "Oh-h, I want to smooch those little toes".

Yesterday, my wish came true, which seemed to delight Brynley and definitely made me happy.

She is such a happy, beautiful, good, little six-month old.

It was our first visit to Katrina and Brad in their new home. Some of the highlights:

Every woman's dream, a large walk-in pantry.

Or a walk-in closet. Which one would top your wish list?

Found my favorite in the basement - a wine fridge. Ha!

Brad made sure it was locked. Ha-ha!

Bud tried the virtual reality game system.

And played a game of pool with Katrina. I made the remark that this must be the place everyone hangs out and they agreed, true dat.

Well, there and in the pool which is right outside.

Perhaps what delighted me the most, though, was this corner of Brynley's room. She will undoubtedly grow up as part of the next generation of book lovers.

Our day was all about seeing Brad, Katrina, Brynley (sorry we missed Rodney, who was at school) and their new home. But there were some other sightings of interest:

From their upstairs bedroom window I could see way off in the distance what I thought was a church. My zoom lens brought it close enough to tell that it was a grain elevator. But you can see why I thought it was a church, right?

Taken while driving across the Saylorville Bridge - those white spots are pods of pelicans. Which makes me wonder if we will see some on Lake McKinley again this year.

And along Highway 44 between Grimes and Dallas Center, this farmstead of windmills - the old fashioned kind. We wondered about the collection and I said with everything on the internet now, I bet we could find something about it.
Which I did. You can read one of the articles here. "He's known as 'The Windmill Man'."

All-in-all, it was a very good day for a road trip and to nom on Brynley's toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment