Search This Blog

Friday, September 1, 2017

September Morn - My Version

Say September Morn and I think of two things: Neil Diamond:
"September morn...
We danced until the night became a brand new day
Two lovers playing scenes from some romantic play
September morning still can make me feel that way"

And - Paul Emile Chabas 1911:

                                 September Morn 

And my version: September Morn - color and sizing is a little off, but you get the similarities - right?

First day of another new month - the beginning of Autumn. News this morning is that our air quality is being affected by the forest fires in Canada which seems trivial compared to the flooding in the south.

When I first saw this spot of green I wondered how a leaf had gotten there. (On a table under the patio roof.)

Then I saw the legs. I don't know what this katydid thought it was going to get from the rock, but I suspect it is responsible for some of the holes in the plant leaves around here.
"Katydids sing to bring in cold weather." (Old folklore) It does feel much cooler this morning...this September morn.

No comments:

Post a Comment