Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Of Unknown Name


The title of this sculpture is Anonymous. It is the work of Ligeti Miklos (or Miklos Ligeti) and is located in City Park in the courtyard of Vajdahunyad Castle, Budapest, Hungary. Never in my life did I think I would be interested in visiting Budapest until we started watching House Hunters International and I took note of how interesting the two cities of Buda and Pest are.

The statue represents the first medieval chronicler of Hungary - Anonymous because historians have been unable to decide who the storyteller was, other than he was a monk.

The statue makes me think of the Grim Reaper, except instead of the scythe, Anonymous holds a stylus. Perhaps that is why I am drawn to this sculpture - the pen being mightier than the scythe.

No comments:

Post a Comment