Search This Blog

Monday, September 18, 2017

JT - The Troubadour

James Taylor came along just a little too late for me to be a huge fan of his. I don't think I even began appreciating him and his music until about ten years ago. So why on earth did I dream about him early this morning?

In the dream he was managing a construction crew remodeling a house? office? business? for us. When I realized who he was I took a couple photos of him, thinking I would send them to one of his big fans - a woman whose blog I follow. Then I thought, "Well, if I approached him and mentioned one of his songs and said how much I liked his singing, I could ask to take a selfie with him". But I couldn't think of any of his hits. It was so frustrating because I really wanted a picture with him so I could show off by sending it to Deb (the blogger). I knew she would be envious.

Deb hasn't mentioned James in her blog for quite awhile and I certainly haven't consciously thought of him lately. The construction aspect of the dream probably came from talking with my daughter yesterday and hearing about her day volunteering at a Habitat for Humanity build site. Trying to figure out why I would dream about a celebrity I rarely even think about stumps me.

But it did prompt me to revisit some of his hits I do remember, like Fire and Rain, You've Got A Friend, Something In The Way She Moves, and How Sweet It Is. And I know my son would concur with this quote from JT: "Being on a boat that's moving through the water, it's so clear. Everything falls into place in terms of what's important and what's not."

While I identify with this one: "The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time".

No comments:

Post a Comment