Search This Blog

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Youngest 'Chick' Is Back In The Nest


This photo of our youngest grandchild was taken exactly six years ago when he was here for a few days visit.

When he was around seven years old and he was with us on a weekend trip to Omaha, he attracted the attention of a little girl. We teased him about being a chick magnet which he did not like.

This is that same youngster today. He came to see Grandma and Grandpa after being away at National Guard training for seven months. I swear he grew several inches while he was gone. I knew he would come home more mature that when he left. All I can say is I'm very proud of this young man (and happy he is home).

Grandpa and Devin, bonding over their military training stories. I just sit and listen. You learn a lot that way.

One of the first things he did when he got home was get a new car and then shine it up. I forget what year his Mustang is, late 90's I think. And I'm certain his Dad is jealous.

Devin trained as a combat medic and plans to attend college now for further medical training.  With all the 'hot spots' in the world, I worry about his NG unit being called up for active duty. But after seeing him and listening to him today, I feel like he could handle just about anything.
Did I mention I'm very proud of him?
I'm proud of you, Devin.
Love, G'ma R

Devin on graduation  day.

No comments:

Post a Comment