Search This Blog

Thursday, August 3, 2017

Getting The Story Straight

A couple weeks ago when I was "Chasing down Aunt Bertha" I mentioned two of her siblings and how I was still confused about Aunt Sarah. I think I finally have it straightened out.

Sarah Ann Lippincott was married first to Nathan C. Bozarth. This is a picture of them and their children.

Nathan died in 1897.

In 1898, Sarah married Caleb Connally. The "old crab" as noted by my grandmother on a picture of Sarah and Caleb.

In 1935 when Sarah died, she was buried along side her first husband.

Her brother Thomas W. Lippincott was the last of my great-grandmother's family members I had yet to account for. I thought he lived in Missouri, but found him in North Dakota.

Thomas married Sarah Delong in Union County, Iowa in 1874. The 1900 census has them in North Dakota. Sarah's maiden name seems to have been Boszart. Married first to Delong with at least one child, then to Thomas W. They had one son, David William Lippincott born in Prairie Grove, Iowa in 1876. In 1920 census he lived in Auburn, WA. He died in Oakland, CA in 1945.

Thomas' wife, Sarah Ann died in 1908 and is buried in Rosehill Cemetery in Lamoure, ND. I have not found a death date nor location for Thomas W. Part of the problem may be the different ways Lippincott is spelled.

At least I got Aunt Sarah Lippincott Bozarth Connally straightened out. I think I'll quit while I'm ahead. Maybe go on to tracking down some other long lost relatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment