Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Finally Showing Some Color


The Cardinal Climber is finally beginning to show more red blooms. Maybe it was just waiting for some cooler weather.

These plants are ones I started from seed saved last year. They put forth so much growth in the vines I wondered if they were going to bloom at all.

They reminded me of the 'killer' tomato plant I had a few years ago. It kept growing and growing and growing, but never had one single tomato!

The CC on the deck is putting out a bloom or two at a time.

Compared to one year ago today.

Just as Memorial Day marked the unofficial, official beginning of summer, this weekend will mark the unofficial, official ending of summer. How do the months go by so fast?
Already falling leaves are scattering across the deck and this morning, when I was out in the dawning, I heard an owl hooting up on the ridge. I don't usually hear them this early.

This is the latest "haven't seen this before" picture. This was Sunday. I have never before seen the heron in a tree by the pond. It is back there again today, same limb.

The rain we had last week really greened the grass back up. We could still use some more, but with what is happening in the south, I am going to be careful about what I wish for - be content with what I get. As little Lily said, "You get what you get and don't throw a fit." (That has become Bud's new favorite saying.)

What I got this morning was this lovely, foggy reflection. Its quiet somberness spoke to me - so much I made it the background picture for this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment