Search This Blog

Thursday, August 24, 2017

A Gallimaufry Post

Remember my July 9th post about 'volunteers'?

Well the one in my Mother's Day flowers finally bloomed. I still have no idea what it is.

The Cardinal Climber is still putting out one bloom a day instead of being covered in blooms as it was last year. The vines in front are growing everywhere.

While the vines in back are very spindly. Yesterday's bloom is hanging by a thread. Literally. Hanging by a thread. (How I feel some days. Ha!)

A bumble bee samples one of the sunflower plants.

Ruthie's Penstemon is blooming again.

The New Moon the night after the solar eclipse.

Yesterday was the first day of school for the oldest great grandsons. This is Ridge, 3rd grade.

Rodney is in 2nd grade. Pictured with little sis, Brynley. Ridge and Rodney are cousins.

Rodney went to the State Fair with Grandpa Doug and Grandma Shelly and came home with tattoos!

And Brynley found a way to enjoy the family's new swimming pool.

Great-granddaughter Lily's first day of kindergarten. Her shirt says it all: 'Brilliant Mind'. Wish I could see how her hair is done in the back. It is so long.

Much as I love the new photos of the great-grands, I treasure this one sent to me this morning by my cousin Judy in Michigan. It is of her mother, Cleo, standing, her grandmother, Martha on the left, and my grandmother Delphia on the right. Judy thinks it was 1962 and was taken at Cleo's in Grosse Pointe.  I think it would be neat if I could one day visit Judy at her home in Michigan.

That's it for today. Did I make you look up gallimaufry? If not, you're either very smart or uninquisitive or just don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment